When an individual is accused of committing a crime, whether he/she is guilty or not, it is important to retain a lawyer. The accused individual might be facing serious penalties such as fines, jail term, probation, and more. Several factors may be considered before choosing a criminal defense attorney.
Factors to consider when getting a lawyer for your case:
- The most important factor while looking for a criminal defense attorney is his/her experience in criminal law. An experienced lawyer can better represent their clients, no matter what type of case it is.
- Engage a lawyer who is experienced in your kind of case. This can be found out by asking him/her about previous related cases. Make sure that he/she has many years of experience in handling such cases.
- Check the background of the lawyer through online search engines. It may also be necessary to check with the Bar Association to ensure the lawyer has a valid license. Ask people if they have heard about the lawyer and what their feedback is.
- Sometimes you may come across two or more lawyers who have the same experience. In such situations, it may be advisable to compare their fees and decide.
- Choose a criminal lawyer who is able to explain all the legal process specifically and clearly.
Contact Attorney Reuven J. Epstein
If you are looking for a criminal lawyer to defend your case, then contact The Law Office of Reuven J. Epstein. Attorneys will pay attention to detail, all paperwork will be reviewed to ensure the police followed proper procedures, and prosecutors have properly prepared their case. We will work hard to get the best possible outcome. Call us at 845-459-0002 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our office is located at 271 W. Route 59, Spring Valley, NY 10977. We also serve clients in Rockland County.