When a person is convicted of a sexual offense, and they complete probation or punishment, they must register as a sex offender after returning to the community. Even those who have been convicted of a sexual offense in another state must register with the New York State Board of Examiners of Sex Offenders when they relocated to New York State.
Sex Crimes Requiring Sex Offender Registration in NY
Sex crimes that require sex offender registration in NY include:
- Sexual abuse
- Forcible touching
- Persistent or aggravated sexual abuse
- Sexual conduct against a child
- Facilitating a sex offense with a controlled substance
- Predatory sexual assault
- Patronizing a prostitute or promoting or compelling prostitution
- Sex trafficking
- Disseminating indecent material to minors, incest, unlawful surveillance
Criminal Defense Attorney in NY
If you have been convicted of a sexual offense in NY, then hire a criminal defense attorney to protect your rights. Attorney Reuven J. Epstein, a criminal defense attorney in NY can handle any type of criminal defense case in NY. Call 800-579-1605 for a free initial consultation with Attorney Epstein.